Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Back in the GYM***

Today I was back at in the gym.  I did straight cardio today on the elliptical.  That is sixty minutes straight.  My target heart rate for a woman my age (acording to Dan the personal trainer) is 143.  I get up to 143, then I PUSH myself till I hit between 160 and 172.  I don't stay at 172 for long, maybe five minutes then I bring it back down to the 150's.

I do interval training so my HR goes up and down.  I like to push to see how high I can get my heart rate, but it's never been over 172. 

I am eating well.  Still sticking to the 1200 calories, low carb-high protein diet.  Today I went to Sam's and bought some Adkins shakes, not my favorites, but they will do.  I like the strawberry above all else in the protein shakes with no sugar.  It tastes pretty good.  But only 15 grams of protein, most of them have 30 or so but the last box I bought was spoiled, bleck. 

I did have a little bit of fruit today which I usually do not eat, or I will eat an apple if I am hungry in the evening.  I haven't had much protein today either.  I haven't figured out my calories yet, but I think I am way under and I know that I burn almost 1000 calories on the elliptical.

All I can do is try..try try try...still trying, not giving UP!  But man, sometimes when that stupid scale doesn't move for six months and you work this hard, I feel so defeated!!!!  (insert curse words here)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what does the trainer say about your diet?

Robin said...

I don't use the trainer anymore, but when I told him about my high protein-low carb diet, he was ok with it. He was also super cocky and told me he could get the rest of the weight off and he damn near killed me the first day. I knew the weights were way to heavy for me, but I wanted to learn how to use the machines so I went along. Couldn't move my arms for two weeks.

Post a Comment