Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I am seriously considering giving up the gym till the fall.  You all know I workout often and hard, but it doesn't really seem to have any affect at all on my weight loss.  I work so hard in the summer outside, I figure I would save some money and cancel my membership.  Any thoughts out there??  I will miss my cardio, but I will be working outside, just not as hard.  My fear is that I will get out of my routine and not ever go back, and since I do not have a doctor that guides me, I may do what ever I want - like before.  I do need lots of support, I just didn't realize how much I needed until now.  I will have to find something or someone that can help me in that area.  My PCP is so busy it would be impossible.  So maybe I will try and find a new dietitian here in the Cincinnati area.  I have to have someone to be accountable too.  I damn well know it too!

Heck-- I spent three hours in the torrential downpour on Monday cleaning the front garden. Wet leaves are heavy.  My legs are super sore from pulling weeds...My roses are doing well.  I love roses, yellow-my personal favorite.  Red--passe, over used, ORDINARY!  I love flowers.  LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM....where is my Prince charming (or his brother) that will send me flowers, just because?  OK so I watched Cinderella yesterday while out with my study group!

Anyway, my friend (the tall gnome) told me that after a hard workout, you should have a beer.  It is actually better for you than water, Gatorade, etc.  Like she had to twist my arm at all for that.  The downside...it's kinda weird to go into a drinking establishment in the middle of the afternoon and have a beer or two.  But it was fun, and we don't do that often. 

Read the article on beer after a workout...I am so HAPPY about this!  I know it would get the HUGE KAPOSH from the doctor world, but at this point...who cares!  It's summer! (ALMOST)

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/health/water-may-be-the-drink-of-choice-to-rehydrate-after-working-out%2C-but-one-type-of-alcohol-is-better

As for sugar!  It is really really difficult to give up the poison sugar.  The only thing I miss about it - ice cream.  But I just freeze low carb yogurt or ready whip, cool whip etc.  I want to grab a cookie, or slice of pie sometimes, but not because I want it, but because it is a habit of a life time.  I cannot stand the taste of it at all anymore.  I can't even drink a diet coke.  It's like syrup.  Yes, it was hard the first year of no sugar, but then it just became very easy.  I do not crave it, nor do I want it-EVER!  It's hard at Christmas with all the chocolate and fudge etc, but again, I only want it out of habit, not because I have a taste for it. 

My friend is trying to give up soda (pop) and it is killing her sometimes.  I keep telling her it is liquid SATAN.  She is doing well, but sometimes, she just wants a Coke with her Skyline.  LOL, it is funny but I understand how hard it is to give that up.  I assure you, it gets easier, I promise!!  Hang in there everyone!!  We can do it..

PS>....I am about to throw my scale out the window into my pool which is all sludge and disgusting leaves and watch it sink to it's death.  Therapeutic..I will of course go buy another one, but today it will feel really damn good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment