Sunday, December 19, 2010

For my birthday my sister took me shopping. I of course love Macy's, so off we went. I found this ruffled jacket, INC brand. They only had one! And it was of course two sizes too big. So--I bought it anyway, knowing I could taylor it to fit my figure.

I was shopping around on www.Etsy.com and noticed these stunning jackets with a corset up the back. I knew I could do this in about 10 minutes. These jackets were selling for well over a hundred dollars.

The corset accentuates the waist and pulls the jacket tight to show off a curvy figure and it would look perfect for this ruffled jacket that was too big.

First I had to go find the metal corset bracket hooks. I found them at Walmart in a packet of four for .78 cents each.




I place the jacket flat on my counter island in the kitchen. This is where I do all my cutting.



I arrange the new hooks on the back, then mark the spot with sewing chalk.






I snip the chalk marks with the tip of the scisors.



I used a grosgrain ribbon to attach the hooks to the jacket. I sew the ends together first so it's easier to attach to the jacket.






I stick the ribbon through the new hole and stich the hole closed.





I decided to use six hooks. I stiched all six of them in. It literally took me 10 minutes to do.






When I finish I start to thread the ribbon through the new hooks.







And wha-la it's done and it fits great. Although that corset gets a lot of attention. It gets untied, and retied often from cheeky people pulling the ribbon. It's a fun way to make your jackets, coats, and shirts fit.

This is what I wore to my friends Christmas party this year. We had so much fun.

1 comments:

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

OMG this looks amazing! Love it!!!!! Post more, Post more!

Post a Comment