Sunday, February 20, 2011

LOSE IT WEBSITE!!!!

I am pretty careful about my diet.  I eat a low carb high protein diet.  I do eat small amounts of fruit, veggies, and occasionally double protein bread.  I go to the gym regularly.  I tend to be a cardio junkie and primarily workout on the elliptical, the recumbent bike or the treadmill for about 60 minutes a day.

My weight loss has stalled for about six months and it is the single most frustrating thing in my entire life.  So I consulted Dr. Awesome (Dr. Dirk Rodriguez) and we discussed adding weights three days a week into my routine, along with the cardio for 60 minutes. 

I now workout my arms on Mondays (light weights, more reps, as in 15 pounds 50 times in sets of  three, 20, 20, 10) my legs on Wednesdays, and my back/core on Fridays.

I thought I was very careful with my calorie intake, but I have found I have gotten very slack in keeping track of what I eat and when.  I eat small meals about 5 or six times a day, but due to the cold and winter, my water consumption has all but disappeared from my diet.  I have found that I am drinking way too much caffeine and not enough water.  So I have cut down on the coffee/tea (I don't touch soda-EVER-liquid Satan I call it) and upped my water again to as much as I can possibly consume.  I am dehydrated and I had no idea.  No wonder I am tired, have a headache and I am a complete and utter GROUCH!! 

So I found this website that helps me track everything and the best thing about it...it's FREE!!!!!  I just started using it and already I know what and how long it will take me to lose the rest of my weight and just how many calories a day I need to consume.

Give it a try....http://loseit.com/index.jsp#Home

I also have a fondness for beer.  I love it.  Dark, light, pilsner, lager, craft...all good.  So I have to be VERY careful about the beer intake.  I usually stick to the ULTRA light beer with 2 carbs, but sometimes a girl has to have a good beer too.  So I am eliminating it from my diet for the next month and lets see how my weight loss goes....I have nothing to lose....

0 comments:

Post a Comment