Sunday, March 28, 2010

I love to shop and I love a sale. Recently I bought 5 pairs of Calvin Klein jeans at the cleance sale at Macy's. Now I know-5 pairs of jeans??? But they were 11 dollars and a couple pairs were 23 dollars. These are 80 dollar jeans normally. I knew I would alter them to fit me. Boot cut to straight legs, and alter the waist to fit as listed in my pervious blogs, but I also wanted to make a couple pairs of capris for spring. Sometimes I will buy pants on clearance or even in petite's and cut them into capri pants or even shorts. It is cheaper than buying capri pants. I mean where can you get a pair of Calvin Klein capri pants for 11 bucks??

First I put the jeans on and decide how long I want them. I like mine to hit right below the knee, or a little longer so I can wear them to work.




Next I lay them out on the table and cut off the leg where I previously marked it.






I lay the cut leg on top of the other leg to measure and then cut it off.

























Next I zig zag the the the unfinished hem so it doesn't fray.


























Now I am ready to hem. I usually do a 1 inch hem, so I measure and pin both legs.








I match up the legs to make sure they are the same length.






And I am done.






0 comments:

Post a Comment